Coffee spill, felt-tip pen spill or just everyday dirt that has collected – carpets need a little extra care now and then. Many shy away from it because furniture has to be moved and you can’t enter the room until the fibres have dried. But carpet care doesn’t have to be difficult. If you’ve always wanted to know how to clean carpets with ease, here are some helpful tips on how to get rid of stubborn stains and bad smells quickly.
Cleaning your carpet regularly also makes deep cleaning easier. Vacuum at least once a week. Exposed areas where dust and dirt easily accumulate should be cleaned more often. This will give your carpet a longer life and prevent dirt from building up in the fibers.
Proven tips for carpet cleaning
Cleaning carpets with carpet powder
Carpet powder is great for cleaning your carpet. Here’s the best way to clean your carpet with commercial carpet powder or baking soda:
- Spread the powder generously over the carpet.
- Let it work for at least 30 minutes – overnight is even better! This allows the cleaning agent to develop its full cleaning power and remove stains and odours from the fibres.
- Then vacuum up the powder with the hoover.
Cleaning carpets in Dubai UAE with carpet shampoo
Carpet shampoo is another popular carpet cleaning product. Retailers offer a variety of different carpet shampoos, so read the application instructions on the packaging carefully.
- Mix the solution according to the instructions on the packaging. Often the product needs to be diluted with water.
- Only spread as much on the carpet as is absolutely necessary.
- Make sure that the carpet does not get too wet. It would not only be a waste of the detergent, but also prolong the drying time.
- Treat stubborn stains with a hard brush.
- Allow the carpet to dry thoroughly.
- Vacuum the dry shampoo away with the hoover.
The best carpet cleaner: powder or shampoo?
Soap and water are usually not enough for thorough carpet cleaning – especially not for stubborn stains, deep-seated odours or firmly embedded dirt. That’s why carpet powders or shampoos are very popular.
If you only need to remove one stain or very specific dirt, a carpet powder is usually sufficient. It works much faster than carpet shampoo. Shampoos take hours to dry and you can’t enter the room. Powder can be absorbed more quickly and does the job just as well.
But whatever product you use, always read the instructions carefully.
Natural carpet cleaners
Do you prefer to clean your carpet naturally? Then try the following: Baking soda or tonic water work well against coffee, but salt also loosens dirt and fresh, still damp stains. Baking soda also absorbs bad odors that have settled in the carpet fibers. But be careful! Try new cleaning methods and products on an inconspicuous area first.
Also Read: Home Remedies for Carpet Cleaning
Useful tips for removing carpet stains
The best way to get rid of individual stains is to react quickly and remove them before they dry into the carpet. But be careful! Never try to wipe away a fresh stain! At most, blot the liquid so that it does not smear or penetrate the fibres. You can, of course, use a detergent to dab off stains, but the following also work well:
Make sticky stains, for example from chewing gum, solidify with an ice cube before scraping off.
Treat foul-smelling stains with a little warm vinegar water and a soft cloth.
It’s that easy! A clean, fresh carpet is a joy and beautifies every room!
Follow Brush and Tools Socials